W is for Woo-hoo! I have picked out Marco’s Halloween costume! Initially I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get him one, because of the possibility that I will be working that night. But, it is his first Halloween and I found the coolest Darth Vader costume! Some of you may already know about my goofy Star Wars obsession, but if you weren’t aware – I am a total geek. I LOVE the original trilogy – the prequels were terrible and I did not like them. Anyway, I can’t wait to take Marco out to the costume parade and take some fun pictures of him in his awesome costume.
Because you guys are awesome readers, here’s a present: A picture of the cutest baby ever!
W is for Winner! I actually won a giveaway! Kamika Krafts had a giveaway of her fun Bam-Bambi, with the addition of some other surprise items that I can’t wait to receive! Here’s a picture of the stuffed animal:
Isn’t it adorable?! I can’t believe I won! It will look so cute in my library!
W is for Walnut Creek Today Marco, Tim and I went to Broadway Shopping Center in Walnut Creek to meet up with some out-of-town family members; while we were there we also did some shopping (yay!), frozen yogurt eating, and coffee drinking. Fun fun fun! I had gift cards to Macy’s and Nordstrom, and was finally able to use them!
Olive green dress
W is for Wow Check out the amazing shoes I purchased at Nordstrom!
Yes, those are sparkly platforms! OHMIGOSH they are amazing in person!
I also purchased a pair of Jeffrey Campbell brown leather lace-up boots. They are a mid-calf height, and oh-so-cute. The store had to ship them to me, unfortunately – didn’t have my size in the brown color – but here’s a picture from the website:
The boots are actually lighter than the picture shows. I can’t wait to wear them with my olive green dress!
P.S. W is also for waffles – which have nothing to do with Adrian’s giveaway, but, like the giveaway for Kevin Murphy hair products, are awesome.
Thank you to all who entered my giveaway! I ended up with a total of 29 entries to select from! The easiest way to pick is to draw a name from a hat, so I wrote down everyone’s name (if you had 4 entries, I wrote your name down 4 times, etc.) and cut them into little strips. I dropped them into an old fedora I bought at H&M on my birthday 4 years ago, and swished them all around so the names would get nice and mixed up.
Aaaaand the winner is…
Congratulations and thanks again, everyone! I can’t wait to do another giveaway.
My library is (basically) done! Here are some pictures:
Non-fiction and Children’s
Temporary desk, but it works until i can find the right one. It was just a cheap desk from Target that we bought 4 years ago, but Tim painted it to match my room so I could have something to keep the computer on.
An old Mac that Tim configured for my library, plus a barcode scanner that I can use to keep my books catalogued through LibraryThing.
The chair that I ordered came in two boxes, and one was the black color I ordered, but the second part was in a tan color – and we’ve had to call CSN Stores twice to get the right part sent. But, thank goodness, it will be arriving this week!
Also…my birthday is tomorrow, which means my giveaway ends as of 11:59pm tomorrow night! Go here to enter!
Only 2 more days to enter my giveaway!! I’m so excited to pick a winner!
Also, on Saturday my awesome friend Adrian colored and cut my hair. Now my hair is a little bit lighter – with some fun red mixed in so it looks cool in the sunlight. The cut is pretty similar to what I usually do, but now I have straight bangs.
Took a few quick pics before I headed to work:
Make sure to check out the giveaway!! Only 5 more days to enter…
Thanks, Samantha! Needed a time-filler.
- I love… my library!
- Right now I want… water. I’m thirsty.
- I feel like… I should brush my teeth.
- I hate it when… the kids down the street yell up and down the block FOR NO REASON.
- I fear… too early, for my mind misgives some consequence, yet hanging in the stars… – Yep, I’m a Shakespeare nut.
- I’m lonely without… books.
- I need… new shoe laces for my grey Converse.
- Today I… met a woman in Target with a 20 month old and a 3 week old. She invited me to join the Napa Moms group.
- Tomorrow I’m… going with Tim and Marco to see Adrienne, Justin and Belle. We need to catch up on ‘Mad Men’!
- I just… purchased Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses. I can’t wait to try them!
- I want to meet… Hugh Laurie because I lourrrveee him.
- I’m hungry for… lovin’. LOL
- I love it when… Tim, Marco, and I go to breakfast at Gillwood’s on Sunday mornings.
- I’m afraid of… spiders, snakes, and sharks. THE AXIS OF EVIL!
- I’m listening to… ‘The Edge of Love’, on my television. Keira Knightley is actually good in this, and she has a pretty singing voice. Unfortunately, I don’t think Matthew Rhys is a great Dylan Thomas.
- I’m wearing… dark skinny jeans and a blue tee shirt.
- I wish I was in… Italy.
- I’m craving… strawberries
- I want to get… more books, and the Balenciaga Paris perfume.
- I can… hear Marco talking to himself. What a goober.
- I can’t… wait until my birthday dinner! My special outfit is SO cute!
- I have… many pairs of shoes.
- I haven’t… had PinkBerry in far too long.
- I’m nervous to… change my hair, but I know Adrian will do something fantastic with it on Saturday!
- My Mom thinks I’m… independent.
- I think… I need some coffee.
- I’m happy when… I find out I have more readers! I am so excited!
- I’m sad when… anyone mentions the movie ‘An American Tail’. DON’T GET ME STARTED.
- I like eating… fruit
- I hate eating… things that are gross?
- I love watching… Tim cuddle with Marco. They are just too cute.
- I love listening to… JIMMY EAT WORLD! I CAN’T WAIT FOR THEIR NEW ALBUM!
- I like playing… hide and seek with my cat. Stabler can always find me.
- I hate waking up to… loud, annoying, birds!
- I can see… the mailman!
- I’m glad that… my birthday is in 5 days!
- I’m disappointed that… ‘Psych’ won’t be returning until November! Shawn and Gus are the bomb-diggity.
- I look like… a mix of my mom and my father.
- I wish I looked like…
Rachael Stirling, when she was in the Poirot flick, ‘Five Little Pigs’. OMG.
A few days ago I decided to do a thorough examination of the traffic to my website. I use GOOGLE ANALYTICS, and Tim has helped me to decipher some of the more complicated information given. Basically, my readership has jumped way up (yay!), and I felt I should reward my lovely readers with a giveaway.
I thought it would be good timing given my looming birthday
Here’s what you’ll win:
Lots of ways to win! Here’s how to enter:
Leave me a comment = 1 entry
Follow me on Twitter = 1 entry
Tweet this giveaway = 2 entries
Mention this on your blog = 2 entries
Sign up for my email notifications = 3 entries
G0 HERE to sign up
Leave a comment for each entry. Winner will be chosen at random on my birthday, September 14th!
Good luck!! xoxoxoxo
I’m planning my first giveaway to coincide with my upcoming birthday (September 14th). It will be a gift pack featuring a few of my favorite things (but raindrops on roses may be difficult to package, hee hee), and I can’t wait to announce it. Details coming soon…