Yeah… it’s Friday.
Link up for Fill in the Blank Friday at Lauren’s blog, the little things we do.
1. This weekend I’m spending time with our friends, cleaning, gardening, and sleeping! My work week has been a bit…crummy.
3. My next vacation will be to DISNEYLAND. Yep. Thinking October, so we can see the Halloween decorations.
4. My favorite way to relax is with a good book and a glass of Shramsberg Blanc de Noir.
5. When vacationing one should always pack extra underwear and a toothbrush in your carry-on luggage (if your luggage is lost, at least you have good breath and clean underwear). Also, several books. I read 2 on my trip to Italy.
6. When vacationing one should never assume that toilet paper and hand soap are the norm.
7. The best part about a vacation is not having to wake up at 6:30 to get ready for work! Oh! And definitely the moment you lie down in your own bed upon returning. I love trips, but after flights, long car trips, etc… your own bed ROCKS.
Haven’t taken part in quite awhile!! Link up over at The Little Things We Do
1. People always tell me I look like Winona Ryder – been getting that pretty much since I was a wee little thing. It’s the pale skin and dark hair. In high school, I heard that I looked like the actress Shiri Appleby, when she was on ‘Roswell’
2. Friends don’t let friends drive drunk OR leave a party without their pants.
3. A sunny day is perfect for eating lunch outside, taking a walk with my beloved men (Tim and Marco), and wearing dresses, as I do pretty much every day during the summer months.
4. My favorite accessory is my engagement/wedding/anniversary rings, and great shoes.
5. If I could afford it I would have a housekeeper to clean my house for me! I work full-time, and hate that my weekends need to be devoted to cleaning, when all I want to do is cuddle Marco and smooch Tim.
6. The cure for boredom is a good book or a new recipe to try!
7. I am currently “in like” with Guigni’s sandwiches, my new maxi dress from Forever21 (can’t wait to wear it!), and am basically falling into serious love with Neal Gaiman (finishing up American Gods)
I haven’t had the time to fill one of these out in a long time! Join up over at Lauren’s blog, The Little Things We Do.
1. The TV show/website that I watch/read that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone about is I don’t know that there are any television shows I’m embarrassed about, but is it embarrassing to admit that I check I Can Has Cheezburger? every single day? What?! I love lolcats!!
2. An item of clothing that is worn and torn but that I love far to much to throw away I don’t have anything worn and torn, unless it is on purpose. I go through my stuff every few months and make sure that I’m not keeping anything I KNOW i’ll never wear again.
3. My grocery store impulse buy is cheese. I can RARELY pass by the cheese counter at Whole Foods without making a purchase; two of the cheese mongers actually recognize me now. Oops.
4. Something I do at work to pass time that I wouldn’t want my co-workers to know about is doodle in my notebook, and make grocery lists.
5. One thing in my life that I could give up, but never will is the internet.
6. A little indulgence that I have is buying books and a sandwich for lunch when I’m having a bad day at work.
7. The junk drawer/area in my house we actually don’t have a junk drawer; but we do have old mail stacked on our coffee table and our dining table.
After 4 days on the job, I am happy to report that I REALLY like it. My co-workers are nice, the work is good, and tomorrow (Friday) is the company Christmas party! I picked a good week to start, LOL. Not only do I get a delicious meal, but we’re closing up the office early.
Unfortunately, Marco isn’t doing as well. He’s been sick the past two days, and has had to stay home from daycare. All those new germs just attacked him! I know it will build up his immune system, but I feel bad for him. Other than the illness, though, he loves his daycare.
And then there’s Tim…who is also sick! Sick husband + sick baby = lots of laundry. Just sayin’.
I am taking a stack of addressed, stamped, and sealed Christmas cards to the post office tomorrow! I can’t wait for our friends and family to receive them. This year’s cards are even better than last year’s, mostly because Marco is on them, heh heh.
Enjoy your Friday!
I am so excited for the weekend. Adrian is going to touch up my hair (gettin’ my hair did!), and I’ll be visiting with my mom and sister at their new apartment. Sunday will be spent relaxing with Tim and Marco, and working in the evening.
On Monday, I have an interview for a job that I REALLY want, so I am getting a little nervous! I hope I impress them!
Anyway, here’s this week’s Fill in the Blank Friday, courtesy of Lauren! If you want to join in, go to her blog and link up!
1. The most spontaneous thing I’ve ever done was a 2am run to a donut shop over an hour away with a couple of friends. We’d heard they had the best cream-filled donut holes ever, so we drove all the way there. They were so freakin’ awesome! I wish I remembered the name of the bakery!
2. The best gift I’ve ever received was I could be super-sappy and say Marco…. Okay, I’m sappy. Marco is the best gift.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when I found out I was pregnant. I had suspected it, but actually seeing the word ‘Pregnant’ show up on the little stick was the biggest shock of my life!
4. I can’t leave the house without cell phone and wallet.
5. My favorite day of the week is Saturday, because neither Tim nor I work, and that’s the day we usually visit with friends and family.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is Marco cracks me up all the time! He’s just so silly.
7. My perfect day would include sleeping in, eating breakfast at Gillwood’s with Tim and Marco, reading with a hot cup of tea and some cookies. Maybe dinner and a movie with Tim, to top it off.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
I haven’t done one of these in awhile, so I figured I’d link up this week!
Thanks to Lauren of The Little Things We Do for hosting these!
1. My Halloween plans this year will include spending time with friends and family, watching Games 3 & 4 of the World Series, dressing Marco in his cool Darth Vader costume, and taking him around to visit our neighbors. No heavy duty trick’r'treating, because he’s a wee boy. Also, eating candy.
2. My most memorable Halloween costume I think my favorite was Belle, from ‘Beauty and the Beast‘. I was 8, and I LOVED that movie. I was so excited to walk around in the Halloween parade at school.
3. For Halloween this year I’m going to be Marco’s mom? I’m not dressing up this year.
4. I’ve always wanted to dress up as Princess Leia
5. Halloween free association! Fun Size Snickers, pumpkins, glitter makeup, ‘Hocus Pocus’ on the Disney Channel.
6. The worst thing about Halloween is when your parents would ‘check’ your candy for razors and drugs. WE ALL KNOW YOU WERE STEALING OUR CANDY.
7. The best thing about Halloween is getting dressed up with your friends! Ohh and caramel apples. Mmmm.
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N ! Enjoy your weekend!
1. In the story of my life the actor who would play me would be I want to say Zooey Deschanel, because I love her and think she is just the cutest! Another option would be Anne Hathaway – or Ginnifer Goodwin! Whomever can play a slightly geeky bookworm with a love of fashion; OR I could just play myself-I do a GREAT impression: “Personally, I think The Golden Bowl is Henry James’ best work. Ooh, aren’t these leopard print heels the cutest? Hey, Tim, where’s my lucky Star Wars shirt?”. Yeah.
I know I do not look like these ladies, but a girl can dream!
2. If I could change one thing about the world it would be the lack of respect for other’s religious beliefs; the world suffers from the widespread inability to practice a religion without preaching hatred of another’s (ex. – the Israelis and Palestinians).
3. Yesterday I took a lovely walk with Marco, bought him some spoons to start his first “solid” food (rice cereal), and read much (even though I had a migraine). I REALLY need to be diligent about wearing my glasses.
4. My favorite comfort food is anything with cheese. No, seriously. I LOVE CHEESE. cheese and crackers. Cheese and bread. Cheese and fruit. CHEESE BY ITSELF! All delicious. Favorite varieties: Laura Chenel Chevre (made in Sonoma!), Triple Cream Baby Brie, English Cheddar (Trader Joe’s has an amazing one with caramelized onions in it), Gorgonzola (blue cheeses in general, really: I also love Cambozola, Point Reyes blue, Stilton, Roquefort…). A lot of people are really put off by blue cheeses, because technically, it’s cow or goat’s milk that has MOLD in it. BUT IT’S FREAKING GOOD! Hey, it’s just pencillin - tasty and an antibiotic to boot!
5. My new favorite blog find is I just started following Kami at Kamika Krafts a few weeks ago, and am enjoying her blog posts! She’s starting up an Etsy shop too, so be sure to check her out!
6. If I could meet any blog friend (who I haven’t met yet) in real life, I’d choose to meet I don’t know! I’d love to meet all of my blog friends! I always enjoy reading Lauren’s posts, and my recent giveaway winner Hello Miss Chelsea (Chelsea) would be fun to sip cocktails with! Brown Eyed Belle (Julie) just seems like a sweetie pie, and of course who doesn’t want to meet Jessica of What I Wore?! I’d love it if she’d come curate my closet for me.
7. My favorite breakfast food is BELGIAN WAFFLES! I love them with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Ooh and french toast with a pat of orange butter. MMMM.
Lauren’s weekly FITBF!!
1. The strangest thing I’ve ever eaten is I tried a piece of sea urchin once, when Tim had it at The French Laundry. Beef jerky-like.
2. I wouldn’t be caught dead in Ugg boots or Croc sandal things. They’ve always been ugly, and always will be ugly.
3. When I am 75 I will…. hopefully, be living in Italy with Tim on our olive plantation. We’ll bottle our own olive oil. we’ll have a small house, but it will have a guest room so Marco can visit whenever he wants. Hopefully, he’ll be with someone he loves and I’ll have a cute little grandkid.
4. If I had to be named after a place I would want to be named PHOENIX. That was the name my mom originally chose, because she always thought it would a cool name. Instead, she chose the 3rd most popular first AND middle name in the United States that year (Michelle Nicole). BORING.
5. My name is Michelle, which my mom chose because she liked the Beatles song, and all things French… but dude, it’s so common it’s annoying.
6. My all time favorite photo is WOW I can’t pick just one. This is about as far as I can narrow it down:
My favorite photo of myself:
Charlie Couch, an old friend, took this photo in 2005. It makes me feel pretty.
Okay, this is me and my Grandpa Gary, circa 1985-86 ish. I love that we look so happy, and I think I look like a cute kid here.
My favorite photo of Tim:
My favorite photo of us:
My favorite photo of Marco:
My favorite photo of the family:
7. If I could afford it I would pay off our home loan, and then we could use that extra money towards Marco’s college account, our travel fund, and maybe have some extra for a rainy day.
Television Themed Fill in the Blank Friday
1. My favorite current TV show is always ‘House’, but I am a little obsessed with ‘Dexter’ at the moment. Halfway through season 2, and it is keeping me on my toes!
2. The TV character I can relate to most is Rory Gilmore – the reading, growing up with a single mom, the attraction to Jess… I get it.
3. My life is like (fill in with TV show and why)…. I guess ‘Gilmore Girls’, in some respects, given my previous answer.
4. My all time favorite TV show is ‘House’.
5. A TV show that is ridiculously stupid, but I continue to watch is I don’t watch anything that I would deem ‘stupid’.
6. My favorite TV couple is hmm. If we mean romantically, Lorelai and Luke (‘Gilmore Girls’), because who didn’t love when they FINALLY went on their first date?! Also, loved Roseanne and Dan (‘Roseanne’). They found the humor in everyday things, but managed to make the relationship very realistic (quite a feat, for sitcoms). But, as far as ‘power duos’, I think Shawn and Gus (‘Psych’) are just AWESOME.
7. One TV episode I could watch over and over again is I thought the season premiere of ‘House’ last September was pretty amazing; the acting was just phenomenal. I’ve watched it 3 times. The series premiere of ‘Psych’ (hilarious!), and pretty much all of the 4th season of ‘Sex and the City’.
It’s FINALLY Friday, and you know what that means! Lauren’s Fill In The Blank Friday Today we’ve got a food theme! Mmmm…
1. Today for breakfast I ate Frosted Flakes, but without milk! I might have forgotten to pick some up yesterday. Whoops.
2. My go to/never fail recipe is my Gauca-Pasta or chicken enchiladas.
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is I don’t think I eat anything that would be considered especially ‘weird’.
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was I’ve never really had a major disaster; if something hasn’t gone exactly right, I manage to either fix it, or turn it into something else!
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be Ciao Bella Blood Orange sorbet! I recently discovered it at Whole Foods, and I am OBSESSED. Otherwise, strawberry ice cream is always delicious.
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is fish. I don’t eat meat anyway, but I’ve never liked fish.
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? I’ve always liked breakfast food: waffles, potatoes, muffins, toast and jelly! However, my absolute favorite course is DESSERT! I love food in general, but cakes, cookies, tarts…all delicious!
Join in the fun! Go here to link up.